Thursday, February 3, 2011

Parenting Magazine's WORST Nightmare

I've labeled myself as Parenting Magazine's WORST nightmare! I am a total pushover when it comes to Jaxson sleeping in our bed.  I've thought from the beginning that our "bedtime routine" has been awesome.  Jaxson eats dinner when he and Landon get home.  Landon cooks dinner while Jaxson and I play.  Landon and I eat dinner then we all go upstairs for bathtime.  He loves bathtime like I've told you before. We let him snuggle with us while we watch a little TV and he gets his nightime bottle then its off to his own bed.  I know where my mistakes are being made.  He falls asleep in our bed and then I move him to his bed.  It's always been this way. I MUST start getting him to fall asleep in his own bed.  My next mistake is when he wakes up at 11:30 and I go get him and put him back in our bed and he goes right to sleep.  It's not that he CAN'T sleep...he just WILL NOT sleep in his own bed. 

Landon and I have discussed the method of letting him cry himself back to sleep.  Not only is this just heartbreaking to me but I can't sleep throught this.  It disturbs my night of sleep and it's just easier to go get him and snuggle him next to me.  At this rate we will not be having our baby #2 for the next 15 years.  I don't know what I expected.  I was this same way with my parents.  I know my mother still hears my whispers in her sleep....."Mom...Mom.."! *snicker*

This is Landon's childhood bear Snuggles.  Jaxson loves to Snuggle
with Snuggles (Landon does too but we won't tell..ssshhh)!



No comments:

Post a Comment