Thursday, November 4, 2010

Monkeyin' Around

Sorry I feel like I've been a little bit of a slacker this week.  Work has been super hectic and I couldn't find the time to write.  Halloween was exactly what I expected.  Jaxson wore the monkey costume for a total of 1 hr and that is being pretty generous.  We started our Saturday by attending the benefit that my sister helped organize for a friend's sister.  The benefit was being held at Mom and Dad's house so we decided to hit them up for trick or treat first.  When we arrived at their house Landon made sure that Jaxson was fed and changed so that he wouldn't have that as a reason to be fussy.  I decided it was Trick-or-Treat time.  Please everyone keep in mind that it had to have been 83 degrees outside on Saturday. 



I think Jaxson truly wouldn't have minded wearing his costume except when it came to putting on the monkey head. 



After seeing this unhappy monkey, I quickly removed all monkey parts.  I attempted to move on down the road to Trick-or-Treat at my grandmother's house but my little one had fallen asleep by the time we made the 5 minute walk to her house.  Grammy pulled through with one of the most clever Trick-or-Treat's a little monkey could have....Banana's and Banana cookies.  Jaxson secretly wishes that he could have Grammy's banana muffins even though he has only tasted such while he was living in my belly.  Maybe next year...

After our Trick-or-Treating adventure, we took Jaxson to his first pumpkin patch.  I don't think he knew how to perceive these huge orange things laying on the grass. 






Jaxson was worn smoooooth out by the time the day was over.  On Sunday we attempted to Trick or Treat again at the Noble's house and at Pop's house.  The monkey costume only made the appearance once.  We were just too tired to monkey around AGAIN!. I think I was just as tired as he was by the time Sunday night rolled around.  Our first Halloween was a success in the face that we were able to wear the costume, take some pics, and make memories for many MANY years to come.

1 comment:

  1. awww, little Jaxson was the cutest monkey of all time! Promise me something though... when you have another kid, please don't make one an organ grinder and the other the monkey strapped to it's wrist with a leash. Please.
    (If I find a picture of this childhood torture, I'll be sure to share)

    ReplyDelete