Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

It was a SUCCESS! With the help of some very special people, Jaxson's 1st Birthday Party was a "grand slam".  We held the party at Port Neches Park.  The weather was gorgeous, perfect temperature and very low much humidity.  It was incredibly windy, resulting in the causalities of a couple of balloons, but it all turned out to be a perfect day. 



Jaxson is incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful family.  His Nene was able to make it to his party and share his special day with him.  Some of our family that lives out of town were also able to make it in for the big day. 


Landon was the Chef and made hamburgers and hotdogs.  We tried to create ballpark food for dining but it tasted so much better than actual ball park food.   The cake was perfect.  A girl I went to high school with was able to help out with the cake.  Her mom has a bakery in Baytown and created a perfect baseball jersey for his cake. 

He wasn't so fond of his cake.  It was delicious to me...

Jaxson received everything from mega blocks, to beach gear, to Thomas the Train, to a swimming pool, and last not but least, money to put into his college fund.  There can only one 1st Birthday Party and I have no regrets about this one.  He will never remember how special this day was for me and his dad.

Something spectacular did happen at the party.  HE STARTED WALKING!!! Not just 2 or three steps...I'm saying a full "strut across the park" kind of walk.  This was even more exciting because everyone was there to see it.  My kid is so stinkin smart and I'm one proud Momma. 

Oh Heavens!!! Again, thankyou to everyone who was able to come celebrate the day with us.  I cannot believe we have passed this huge milestone in our lives.  I hope we can all celebrate 100 more together.

No comments:

Post a Comment