Monday, March 14, 2011

Cry It Out

Dr. Richard Ferber is full of it!!!  His Ferberizing method is not only cruel for a child, but it's pure torture for a mom.  Last night I decided to try this "Cry It Out" method of putting a child to sleep on Jaxson.  I'm going to recap last night's events for you. 

8:00 pm-Arrived home from a fun-filled weekend with family in Livingston.  Jaxson was so tired he was almost crazy. 

8:30 pm-Took Jaxson upstairs for his bath.  I let him play in the tub to burn any ounce of energy I thought he might have bottle up. 

9:05 pm:  Landon gave Jaxson his bottle before bed.  Jaxson wants to play a little bit more while I take my bath.

9:27 pm:  I decided that I'm going to put Jaxson in his own bed to see if he will fall asleep on his own.

9:31 pm:  I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest as my child screams "MOMMMAAA" and crying uncontrollably. 

9:40 pm:  I'm in Jaxson's room crying with him. 

There was NO soothing him after that.  I took him back in my room to try to get him to fall asleep and he wouldn't take his eyes off of me.  Needless to say, Jaxson slept in between Mom and Dad last night. 

I don't think I'll be trying this again anytime soon.  I made the mistake of rocking/holding him as he goes to sleep at night ever since he was a tiny baby.  I have no problem rocking him to sleep until he's grown and gone to college.  He's my baby!

1 comment:

  1. awww, i love the black and white photos! i can't wait to see him in a few weeks... him and i will squeeze a little portrait session in cause i need a photo with that little one!

    ReplyDelete