Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Look Mom..No Hands!

It's happening! Jaxson is standing on his own with nothing there to catch him when he falls (except for his hands of course).  This is a little too scary for me.  I am emotionally confused.  87% of me is extremely excited and proud of the milestones that my son has accomplished in the past 3 months.  The other 13% wants to turn back the clock 6 months.  He is growing up and nothing is holding him back. 

Sometimes I panic when I think about Jaxson starting Kindergarten.  We still have a LONG way to go before this happens but that's how much I worry about him growing up.  I'm not normal.  I almost feel sorry for Jaxson having a mother like myself.  The other day I called my mom to tell her about a little boy I saw walking to school.  He couldn't have been any older than 8 years old, red hair, and a big cut on the side of his lip.  This is what I was picturing about the little guy: 

His mother had to leave for work very early and he was forced to walk to school or ride the bus.  Some of the older kids on the bus made fun of him and beat him up on the bus so he chose to walk to school from then on. 

My visions had me in tears!!!!!  Again, I am not normal.  I told my mother that I would NEVER allow Jaxson to walk to school.  She proceeded to tell me that I was going to shelter Jaxson and she already felt pity on him, not because he wouldn't be able to walk to school but because his mother is a nut. 

All of these thoughts have stemmed from Jaxson standing on his own.  Funny how my mind wonders......

1 comment:

  1. awww, Al! I have two comments:
    1. I'm also going to need him to stop this standing up busines... not because he's growing up too fast, but because he's doing it BFORE I GET THERE! Doesn't he know there's just a few short weeks before I get to see him and these milestones? I'd kindly like for him to keep that in mind. thanks.
    2. you're not really a nut. i know exactly what's going on here. You have a fear of seeing people eat by themselves. The thought process that goes through your head then (and the subsequent made up story of doom that follows) is why you're feeling this way about the little boy walking to school. SO if you just remind yourself that he's not eating by himself, all will be okay! Right?! :)

    p.s. congrats on the 3.9lbs. i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete